Wednesday, December 28, 2011

SKYPE is awesome!


December 27, 2012

My Awesome Christmas Quote tree - thanks!
SOOOO good to see and talk to you all this week.  I’m still on the high from it, it will have to last me until May, but I think that I can make it.   The weather cleared up and its been great.

This week is changes.  I have one more change with my trainer. But today our zone and district were split.  It is way sad and some of our district is being transferred as well. Because our zone is changing, we had a zone p-day.  We went out to the country and played at a center –kind of like a rec center. We played futbol and volleyball and chilled. It was so great. I loved it, it was a breath of fresh air. I realized that I really love the country more than the city.

I told you on our call about German. Scratch that baptism we had planned for Saturday. We found out yesterday that he is leaving for a vacation tomorrow and he will be gone about a month. But he said last time they visited the family in .... I don{t remember the name.... but last time they visited they were there for 6 months. So we’ll see if he returns, but this means no baptism for german this week. It’s tough-- this stuff. I came into the field with this attitude that if they don’t accept the message or baptisms then it wouldn’t be on me, they would be rejecting the Savior and God.  But its hard when people repeatedly don’t want to hear our message or they don’t keep their commitments. My heart’s getting involved. dah!! Its heart wrenching when baptism dates don’t work out or when work doesn’t go as we have planned. ah.

I knew it would be hard but I didn’t fully understand.






So my companion is the new coordinating sister; who is in charge of all the other hermanas in our zone.  Therefore I’ll be going on splits with other hermanas. Should be fun. 

So challenge this week find scriptures you would use to teach faith and repentance to someone. What are your favorite faith scriptures?

Another investigator is So did Hermana Mirim and her family. Her husband and son are a members but her and her other 4 kids are not. Two of her kids are really interested and we have to continue work with mirim and her other daughter (the one that is 15 and has a kid)

Also remember Josue. He is 9 and is so ready to be baptized. He wanted to wait for his mom to return from lima and she finally returned!!! (after 3 weeks of waiting)  Hopefully we can get him and his mom and sister and dad baptized soon!!

Please pray for them all!!!

Thanks
LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
Hermana Sandstrom

(mom note: it was so wonderful to Skype with Kaylee on Christmas.  She radiated! Her Spanish sounds great and she was so happy.  I’m having a hard time remembering everything to share.  She is an area that has nice homes and homes with no roofs or indoor bathrooms.  They live somewhere in the middle.  

There is a ysa member in Peru named Anali that has connected with me on facebook.  She just posted a bunch of pictures of Kaylee and Hermana Oliveros – she wrote to me that they working very hard and they love having them in their ward.  Yea! What a fun post to read.  I’ll put a few pictures here but you can see more on my facebook page)



No comments:

Post a Comment