Monday, November 8, 2010

At the End of my Rope

So last year my roommate Ally gave me this quote on my cheez-it box, since I have thrown the box away, I have moved the quote to my water bottle. The quote is
When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
- Franklin Roosevelt.

I love this quote, but its not until recently that I have really come to find out what it means to tie the knot and hang on.
I have been looking for a job in Logan, for going on two plus months. I haven't found anything! I am getting desperate. I am living as frugally as possible, I don't go out to eat (very often, and when I do, its cheap), I don't go shopping and buy new clothes, or even buy groceries( Yay for mom and dad's pantry). So as of now I am getting to the very bottom of my bank accounts.
If anybody knows of a job around logan, PLEASE let me know. I am still a student so I am only looking for part time, with about 10-20 hours a week.

I have fasted and prayed, gone to the temple, All I know is that the Lord with provide me with away. I know something will come available. I just have to keep going on and keep trying to find something. I was talking to my mom tonight while driving around Logan, and she kept telling me that I needed to just keep looking for options, and to keep praying and having faith. So if those of you that read this will please say and extra prayer for me tonight, and think of any possible options for me that would be great!

Also I am apart of the IWA presidency for the Independence chapter and there is a girls choice dance coming up next week. As such, I have to go to the dance. This has always been a problem for me. I have never had a lot of guy friends in my life, I went to a couple dances in high school, but they were all girls choice, and here I am in college and I am still in the same situation. I was told before I came to college that the dating was the best part. False. I don't see it. I have made some amazing friends, don't get me wrong, but the whole dating thing. No. So that is another challenge, I must find a date for the dance that is two weeks away. So if you know any great guys that are taller than me, and don't have anything going, a week from friday, and wouldn't mind helping me out that would be great!

Anyways, I'm at the end of my rope, so all I have to do is tie a knot and hang on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment