Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy 2013


1/7/13
Hola Familia!

I can’t believe its P-day again. Time is passing by too quickly. 
So today is changes. And Hna Cevallos and I are staying together. So that means that she’ll be dying with me (ending her mission with me).  And it most likely means that I’ll be finishing my mission here in Primavera. Which I’m happy about. But it also means that as of today I have two more changes. Wow. I can’t believe it. I feel like last month I completed 2 changes in my mission. Wow. 


But Anyways... Happy New Year! We celebrated the new year visiting Maribel (our pensionista) and Her family. They had a wonderful surprise because her mom and nephew and niece  are here too!!  We watched a church movie waiting for midnight and then we went up stairs to see all the cool fireworks here in Trujillo. It lasted for at least 45 minutes. Here in Peru it is tradition that at midnight you eat dinner and start the fiesta....the dance. There was a party at the church and it started at 10 at night, and when we left to run at 6:30 the next morning we saw members just getting home. It’s quite the big deal. But it was fun. We sure have been tired all week, but it was fun! 

This week has been great. We have been finding lots of new people with the help of some of our future missionaries. And the are all starting to progress. I love it. I’m so proud of them. Manuel and Rosa are doing great! They came to church this past week and loved it. We had a great lesson with them last night too. We invited them to pray to know if all that they are learning is true. They both have a big desire to know, but they haven’t asked yet. So PLEASE pray for them. We love them so much and want the best for them. 

Yesterday was a another day of miracles. We had Ward Council again! yea! Way to start off the year on a good foot! And we also had 8 people at church!!!! YES Count them 8!!!! It was seriously a miracle. Especially because all of the people we went to look for, didn’t come with us. 

Things are looking great for this week. We are praying that Bryan and Damaris (the nephew and neice of Maribel) stay in town for another week. They live in a small town about 8 hours outside of Trujillo, and the church hasn’t made it out there yet. They want to be baptized, but just need permission from their parents. So we are hoping that they stay here long enough to be baptized. Also Maribel’s mom is convinced that Bryan looks like Connor and is my younger brother-- its funny. He’s in the group picture from new years eve. 


Love you all!!

Have a great week!

Hna Sandstrom



No comments:

Post a Comment