Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 23 2012
Hola Querida Familia!!

I had a rough week, but I am doing better now, kinda. I went to Trujillo this past week with my friend Hna Shearman, and I got 7 more shots in my neck. Ya, no bueno. It hurts tons, but what more can I do. I am hoping that this week I will begin to see some difference. Thanks for all of your prayers. I really feel them helping me through, especially these past three weeks. 

Hermana Shearman & I
sleeping over at President & Hermana Turks after my shots
My companion, Hna Mendoza finished her mission today – it has been a hard companionship but I learned a lot.

Thanks so much mom for your scripture study. I love it. I love Alma 31:35 especially when we are swallowed up in the joys of Christ.  When let him take our burdens, we are made strong and they are made light, but it is only through prayers of faith that He can know that we need help and that we also are willing to do what ever the answer is. This is often the hardest part. 

So this past week Walter and Maria got married. Maria has been a member since she was 14 and their son Miguel was baptized about 4 months ago. Walter has not wanted anything to do with the church for a long time. But something in the last little while has changed and he has been progressing greatly!. So this past Friday there was a massive matrimonio and they went and got married, and then that same night he was baptized. It was great! He was so happy. His confirmation was great, and he received some great council to help his family move towards the temple in a year. It was great to see the support of the ward helping them out. 

So Lesly and Carla didn’t get baptized this past week. Their mom Rosemary changed her mind two nights before and said that it was too soon and that they were being teenagers and that now isn’t a good time.  Actually this is the perfect time!!!! They need this more now than ever!! So we will be working with them this next week, .... if they will answer the door. :) 

So I know you are anxiously awaiting… My new companion is Hna Coronelio. She is great and I am excited to get to know her more. She is from Lima. We will pick the transfers up from the bus terminal tomorrow. 

Tanks so much for everything, I really have the greatest family and friends. I love being a missionary so much. I really am so blessed and I really couldn’t ask for anything more. I know that the Lord gives us trials for us to learn our lessons, and then if we forget or need to learn something else, He will give us a reminder. But I know that the Lord has a hand in my life and that he is aware of my needs. Don’t ever forget that he is there for you!

Love you tons!
Hna Sandstrom 

Ps. CONGRATS Jerm and Aislin!! He is gorgeous!! I can’t wait to meet him :)



eating fried fish
(it's actually good, but don't tell dad)
Chimbote  - my fishing village
 




No comments:

Post a Comment