Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Going Out and About


Just a short mom post before Kaylee's letter--Thanks to so many of you for your prayers in ours and Kaylee's behalf this past week-end.  We all felt strengthened.  After meeting with her mtc president last week, he encouraged her to write her thoughts about Lindsay and not being able to be together as a family as the anniversary date of the accident passed.  Then this kind man scanned them and emailed them to us on Monday.  It was good for all of us.  We can feel her growth and strong spirit as she works through things. 

Here is her letter for Oct 26th

Today is our special p-day. There are only about 25 missionaries here at the mtc right now. All of the other groups have left for the field. So today we are going to the temple and then we are going on a tour of Lima. I'm excited to get out and play tourist for a little bit.

This past Saturday we had the chance to go tracting again. But this time our challenge was to get into houses. We drove about 45 minutes away and then all broke up into groups.  We got quite a few people to let us have their information so that we could come back later and teach them. We got into a house and taught a lady a full lesson. It was so great!! She was so excited about the Book of Mormon and loves the bible. She seemed golden, but our teacher who was with us thought she was a little too good to be true. But anyways I'll keep praying for her. We ended up teaching someone else in front of her house and I couldn't understand anything she said. Things were coming out of her mouth but her lips weren't moving-- its tricky.


This past week I finished the Book of Mormon (remember we were challenged to read it in three weeks when i first got here). It was an awesome experience. I loved reading it fast and learning about the stories. I felt such a power after reading. I'm so excited to be able to share it with people for the next 18 months.  It’s true!!!

Now we are working on reading the new testament and the doctrine in covenants before we leave in less than three weeks. It’s about 34 pages a day and will be a little trickier with all of the parables and stuff. But I'm excited. So many people here are Catholic and have a strong conviction of the bible. It will be cool to know the stories in the bible and book of mormon and be able to compare them. So here is a scripture challenge for you! In Matthew 18:18 there is a scriptures about whatever you shall bind on earth...... where is this scriptures in the book of mormon? If you look under bind in the TG it won't be there, but I promise that it is in there. Good luck!

So on Tuesday all of the North Americans and Latinos left for the field. It was sad to see my latin companion go. She had been having a rough week, and it was affecting the spirit between us. She wouldn't ever pray and had a hard time wanting to teach our investigators. On the bus ride to the tracting on Saturday she opened up to me. She said she didn't know if God hears her prayers and has a hard time praying. She didn't know if she was supposed to be here, and she is scared of the field. As we have been companions, I have noticed that we are similar is some ways. Here is one of them that I noticed. She is from lima, and this is her town. Now she is leaving everything she has known and is going somewhere completely new! Sound familiar?  I was able to empathize with her, and try to testify and help her realize how much her Heavenly Father loves her.

I love this gospel; I love seeing the change in people’s lives when they come to know that it is true. When they see the Lords hand in their life. The Spirit is so amazing. It touches people’s hearts and gives comfort in the worst of situations.

I have had a really hard time this past week about not being with my family. It has been hard to go through this 3 year mark with out you guys. A lot of doors opened up, things that I thought I had buried a long time ago. It has been good though to be in a place where I can constantly feel the spirit and am reminded of Heavenly Fathers plan for us, and to remember the atonement. I have been constantly reminded this past week of the atonement and what it means to me.  And how to teach it.  We are incredibly blessed!! Christ has suffered for EVERYTHING we have been through.

I love you all so much, thanks for your prayers and your support!

Hermana Sandstrom!!






No comments:

Post a Comment