Thursday, March 24, 2011

Death to the Pants!

So in my sewing class we are starting our pants project. Last monday, we got to class ready to start the pants, and our teacher announced that she was going out of town, and would be gone for a week. Here's the catch, our pants were due in two weeks!! AHHHH! (insert frustration!) So that week, I came in every day after class to see what I could do on my project. The tricky part was that I had to alter my pattern to fit me exactly, and then make a pair out of muslin, and then my final fabirc. It was going to be an adventure for sure.

After a week of trying, and looking for people in logan that could help me, I decided at the last minute that I had to go home and get some help, so that I would be able to complete my project. I went home early saturday morning and I sewed all day long! Seriously! We started around 1030, took a break during the game, and to watch tangled, and sewed until 1 in the morning. AH! and More sewing on sunday too! oh MY!

These directions were confusing, or I'm just dumb. 

My shorts out of muslin, I was ready to shred them. 


My frustration

We even continued to sew during the BYU game!
GO COUGS!! 
So this is what they looked like, almost to the end. Once I got back to school I just needed to hem them, and sew on the hook and eye. YAY


Oh and while, I was stumped, I worked on my quilt. I'm so excited to finish it, Yay! Its going to be so cute, and I can't wait to get started on my next one too. :) I have found a new passion.

1 comment:

  1. those pants turned out so cute! you are going to make a pair for me next, right?

    ReplyDelete