Monday, April 4, 2011

Conference

This past was one of my favorite weekends of the year. General Conference! There are always wonderful messages, that I swear were written just for me. I was incredibly uplifted this year.



Grandma and I had the chance to go. We left at 7:30 to ride the Trax up and to get a good seat. It was a great conference session and there were some great messages shared. Talks about keeping the sabbath day holy, teaching our children,  following Christ, Keeping covenants, pain (spiritual, emotional, and physical, a great talk about women, and service. And that was just from Saturday morning

After conference we walked over and through the New Deseret book. I got to meet one of my favorite authors, Dean Hughes. He has some awesome books.

After that we walked all over doing some research for my mom and I. We were looking for place where we could all go and eat after we go through the temple on the 18th. I was wanting to go to the Nauvoo house, but they don't have enough room for 40+ people at lunch time, who all want to sit together. So we are going to a place called Hagerman's Bakery. Grandma knows the people, and I have never been there so we will see how that goes.

PS. I am going through the temple in less that two weeks. I am so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment