Friday, November 30, 2012

Wow I can´t believe the year is almost over!!


Nov 26, 2012
Hola Familia Mia!! 
Wow I can´t believe how fast time is passing! It’s incredible! It is almost Christmas, this year has really flown by. 

So first of all-- I have great news from Chimbote!! Hno Roger baptized his son Jose Luis. I was so so so happy to hear this. I can´t believe how well they are doing. They are truly converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ!

Also I hope you had a great thanksgiving! We sure did. We celebrated with Papa Johns and Mangos!  It is always a great time to spend focused on what we are grateful for. I hope we can all be more grateful all year round. Can you imagine how great our lives would be if we were always in a state of gratitude. We would be looking for the blessings not the problems. What are you grateful for?  I´m grateful for Peru, the mission, my family, and all of the wonderful things God has given me. 

Today Hna Langi went home. It was quite sad, but it wasn´t as hard leaving her as it has been my other companions. California is a lot closer than Nicaragua or Lima. But we had a great time together and we made lots of good memories.

Remember when I told you about our wards here in Trujillo were being put together, and there were four missionaries in our ward. Well with changes President has decided to take out two of the missionaries. And it’s not the Hermanas. So yes.... along with Hna Langi leaving the elders are being taken out as well. So Yes I am being left with two huge areas and with a new companion. Yea, lots of hard work, but it will be good, we’ll have a lot of great investigators.

So my new companion will be hna Cevallos. She is from Ecuador, and we had the same trainer. So in mission language we are sisters. It’s quite funny. But it should be an interesting week, we are going to be walking a lot and exploring our new area.

So that is all that I really have to report on, I have learned a lot these past couple of weeks, of how I can be a better missionary and a better person. That’s what the mission is for, right? Every day, Every Investigator, Every Companion. It’s a learning process. I am learning and I know that I am so far from the kind of person I want to be. I love that we have the opportunity to repent and to come unto Christ. CADA DIA (EVERY DAY)! I am so grateful for the atonement and for the opportunity I have to be in this learning process.

eating guinea pig - cuey
I love you all!! And I hope you are ‘Decking the Halls’ at home! I know our room is ready. :)
Love you Lots!
Hna Sandstrom




No comments:

Post a Comment