Monday, November 19, 2012

¡Feliz Día de Gracias!





Nov 19, 2012


Hola Familia!
Como estan? 
Espero que todo esta bien con todos!
Congrats to Taylor and her mission call. I´m super excited to for you, but I´m sad I won´t get to see you before you leave!  And Congrats to Deb and Tyler! When are you due?






This week has been great! 
Last Monday we had family home evening with Maribel and Mercy. We made chocolate chip cookies and read some chapters from the Book of Mormon to them. It’s so fun to see them get excited about what they are reading. Their testimony is growing stronger everyday. 
Mine too :)

This past week has just been a regular mission week. Looking for the elect! I love being a missionary and testifying of our Savior Jesus Christ every day. I have the best job! 
So we have had quite the time getting a hold of Milton. I feel like things go so well when we teach him, and that he is accepting everything and wants to do what is right. But it kills me when we can´t get a hold of him. Oh well, we are going to just keep on trying! Because I know he knows its right, and he will be baptized! 


So this past week we had a Talent Show in our ward. A couple of weeks ago two wards were put together and a lot of the people don´t know the other half. So we had another Talent Show to get everybody together to try and unify us. It was great! So this time my companion thought it would be great for the four missionaries to get together and sing. Ha! That was interesting. At the last minute we grabbed two future missionaries from our ward to sing with us. We sang one of the songs for the Christmas program, Michael Jackson’s We are the World, but in spanish. It was great fun, lots of laughs! 





So here in Peru Christmas is in full swing! They don´t celebrate Thanksgiving so Christmas lasts two months long We have already been singing Christmas songs for weeks. I love it. 




So sorry that my letter isn´t that long, but I don’t have much to report on this week. But I want you to know how grateful I am for you and for all the letters I have received from you.  I am grateful that I too was born of goodly parents and that they have taught me the principles of the gospel in my youth. I am grateful for my siblings and the relationships that we have. Sometimes I still can´t wrap my head around the fact that we are going to be TOGETHER FOREVER!! I am grateful for all of my other family too. We have such a great support unit. 

I am grateful for my Savior and that he was willing to die for ME and suffer for MY sins. I am grateful for Joseph Smith and the courage and faith that he had to do what he had been commanded to do. 

I am grateful for my church leaders and teachers that have helped me learn about the Doctrine of Christ and how to love the scriptures!
I love you all!
Eat Lots of Turkey and Mashed Potatoes!!
And some PIE!

Love you!
Hna Sandstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment