Monday, October 22, 2012

llena de gozo


October 22, 2012
Hola Familia Mia
¿Como estan? Estoy muy bien. ¿Sabes que? Estoy llena de gozo. Lee Alma 26 y 29! :)

(How are you? I am very good. Do you know what? I am full of joy.  Read Alma 26 and 29? :)

This past week has been pretty great!  I have so much to tell you. I don’t even know where to begin. But first of all I can’t tell you how happy I am that I am a missionary.  It is so fulfilling. I wouldn’t want to be doing anything else right now.

We have been working with one girl named Johana. She is reference from Hna Maribeñ (:) ) She is great, when she lived in Chiclayo she went to church with her aunts and her cousins. Her mom, Maria, was baptized about 1 year ago but was never confirmed. Johana has been wanting to get baptized for a while, but they went out of two for a while and it was hard to get ahold of them. But we finally got a hold of Johana at the end of last week.  She really wanted to be baptized, but was nervous to talk to her mom about it. So when we finally got ahold of her mom, Maria we were determined to get her permission. The family of her daughter’s dad wants to baptize her in the catholic church in December or November, but she doesn’t want to commit a sin by baptizing her in both churches. So it was quite the job to help her understand. But in the end… she gave permission because she knew it was what her daughter wanted. So her baptism date was set for the 20th.  :)

So Mercy and Maribel. They are golden. I am so happy. They had quite a few challenges this past week. The dad of Mercy called quite a few times to try and discourage Mercy from getting baptized. As Maribel was telling us about the phone calls. Mercy exclaimed, “Satanas en Accion” (Satan in action) It was so funny. But as we shared how to put our complete trust in god, he will provide the way. The spirit was so strong. I was so happy as Maribel told us that no matter what happens, they were getting baptized Saturday. :) :)

So this meant a White Afternoon. With All three of them getting baptized together.  President Turk was able to baptize them. He had come teaching with us before and they wanted him to do it.

(this photo came from Hna Turk's blog and you can read 
more of her take on the baptism at 
terryandjanetturk.blogspot.com -Saturday Oct 20 post) 


Also this week we had some interesting things taking place in our ward. They made the announcement last Sunday that they would be changing the limits in three wards. (Jardines, Mochica and Primavera) So yesterday they took three wards and made two. A small part of our ward is now apart of Jardines, my old area. And we have combined wards with Mochica. Their ward was pretty small, so it will all be better. But it has really hit hard to some of the members who have been a part of primavera for 40 years.

Well this week has been fabulous! There are definitely hard times in the mission, but then there are moments that you will never forget. It is definitely worth all of the hard moments!!! I am so grateful to be here in Peru, where I have met so many people that have changed my life. I know that I have been called of God to represent him. To say and do what he himself would say and do. My words, my voice, my acts, and my doctrine are his doctrine! I am so happy to be apart of this great and marvelous work!! I am filled with JOY to be here and to share my testimony every day!

I know God Lives and that he loves me!

Dear family, I will be thinking about you a lot this week. How our lives have been changed, but what we do now and in the future will forever change us.  It is our choice whether we will be an eternal family. I pray everyday that we can all make the correct choices to fulfill our part of God’s Promise.  I love you lots and I am so HAPPY that we can be together FOREVER!!!  I know that this gospel is everything, and I hope that it is for you in your life!
Love you tons!!
Hna Sandstrom

Sorry no photos again. We keep coming to the same internet place that won’t let me attach. Maybe soon :)

1 comment:

  1. Hermana Sandstrom, Thank you for sharing your testimony here. It has touched my heart today in a special place and some of your words were an answer to my prayer today. Que Bueno! Yo se que Dios vive y que El es nuestro Padre Eterno. Yo se que Su hijo, Jesu Cristo is nuestro Salvador y Redentor!
    Love to you! Sister Garlick

    ReplyDelete