Tuesday, November 16, 2010

No more Facebook

So my roommates and I have decided that we waste so much time on Facebook, that we decided to leave the stalking, selfish world for a while and focus on school. It will be great, I did this last spring for a month and a half and I am excited to do it again. Last time when I did it, I felt like I had more time to read my scriptures and talk to other people, and focus more on my school work and finals. 


In this past conference President Uchtdorf gave an amazing talk about simplifying our lives and focusing on what matters most. He talked about over scheduling and on our relationships. He quoted Elder Oaks and said, 
     "Elder Dallin H. Oaks, in a recent general conference, taught, “We have to forego some                                   good things in order to choose others that are better or best because they develop faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and strengthen our families.” " 


I love it. Facebook isn't a bad thing but it can keep us from doing better things that will help us improve and that will matter in the long run. 


I'm excited to be productive and to find better things to do. Maybe I'll be able to finally finish the Doctrine and Covenants, and progress and get the Book of Mormon done this year. I'll spend more of my break with my family and my brothers and I'll be able to get better grades. I'm excited for what happens. 


Anyways, Follow my happenings here, because this is the only way. No more facebook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment