Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Una Semana Fantastica!

August 27, 2012
Hola Familia!!! Como Estan?

I have lots to catch you up on.  We started out the week in Trujillo... We waited for about 4 hours in the clinic to see if I could get a demoral shot to help with my headaches and right before our turn, the doctor ran out to an emergency. So Hermana Turk made an executive decision and we went to dinner for my birthday!! I had the most delicious Fetucchini Alfredo that I have had in 11 months!! So yummy!! Thank you Pres. and Hna Turk. As we got back to the mission home Hna Turk gave me my packages from home for my birthday with the ¨magic pills¨.  (mom note: we were finally able to send her some prescription meds for pain)

The next morning we headed back to Trujillo and we got the word that Roger and Pilar were going to change their wedding date for Thursday! So we headed off to their baptismal interview Tuesday afternoon!! They are amazing and have such strong testimonies and are so excited for this next step in their life. 

Wednesday we had interviews with President Turk, and then we got to hear from Pres, and Hna Turk. It was great, a very uplifting day. Lots of things that I needed to hear, and some things that I can do to strengthen me testimony!   My interview with President was great, He is so inspired. I am looking forward to learning a lot more from him. 
So after a Long day Wednesday, we had a multi-zone meeting Thursday again with President and Hna turk. It was again another great meeting. I love being around them, they are always so full of energy and such strong spirits. 

Thursday was the wedding of Pilar and Roger, we weren´t able to go because we were in meetings all day, but they were officially married, and after our meetings we worked on preparing for the baptism that night. Satan is very powerful, so we didn´t want to give him time to do any damage. Their baptism was planned for that night and it was amazing!! The musical number, the talks, and the support of the members!! My favorite part, were the testimonies of Pilar and Roger. They were awesome. I love them so much! I didn´t get any good pictures because there were so many cameras going.

So the Week was a great success!! I love being a missionary. I am grateful for the opportunity I have had to serve the people here in Chimbote. They have changed my life
Changes are next week, We´ll see if we get changed. I hope not, but well see. 
 
Love you all!!!! Thanks for the brithday cards!!
HNa Sandstrom 







No comments:

Post a Comment