Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I love the beach

i love the beach
11 Junio 2012
Hola Familia favorita mia -
¿Como Estan?

We went to Huanchaco this past Tuesday for our district and zone meetings. It was great!! The church there is a house and it’s right on the beach, so we went out to the beach and took pictures after. It was sweet! It was very refreshing from the city. 

my zone at the beach
We are headed out there again today to have lunch and stuff for p day.  I love the beach.  Maybe ill ask President if I can go there next summer. (they change this area to hermanas during summer, because its not the greatest place for elders during summer time.)




This past week we were in a lesson with our investigator Julissa, she is 14 years old. Anyway she asked me if I was from Peru, I answered no, and she said Argentina? again no. Then Brasil? No I said, and she said where? Oh Los Esados Unidos. She said -really? Your Spanish is good, but you don´t pronounce your r´s. Haha I guess I need to work on that, but at least she thought I was Latina :)


This past weekend we had stake conference and they were changing the president, so Elder Waddell, of the Quorum of the Seventies, and Elder Godoy came for a couple of days. It was great, I got to talk to Elder Waddell a couple different times. He is so great! The conference was amazing! I loved their talks. They talked a lot about not loosing the vision. Elder Waddell quoted something from elder Bednar that I like. It was awesome. He said that the tree of life is Jesus Christ and that the fruit of the tree of life is the atonement. The atonement is relief, strength, the resurrection, and redemption.

Hermana Montes y yo
As far as teaching and our investigators this past week we were doing great. We had almost 3 baptism dates. They were excited for their baptisms.  They felt that these things were true, They were reading their scriptures and they were praying sincerely. Awesome!!  We were making progress, and felt like we were working really well together and with our investigators. But guess what, then came a work visit. I don´t like these.  Every time my companion leaves my area, things go bad. And that’s what happened again. So many of our investigators are leaving town for fathers day, or don´t want to come to church or can’t come. Its sad. But we are not going to be sad, we are going to get things going again now that Hna Montes is back.

The headaches are getting better. I don´t have them as often, but when I do, they are still as strong. But …we are improving!!

I hope everybody is doing well. I love you all!!! Thanks so much for your love and prayers. I really feel your support. The gospel of Jesus Christ is amazing!!! The atonement is real!! We have the ability to repent everyday. For those sins that are big and horrible. But as well for the small things. The things we know we shouldn´t do. I hope and pray that you call all recognize these things in your life, and make the choice to repent and change, for the better!

a real hamburger
- the best - next to interviews with president 


Love you lots!!

Hna Sandstrom





Saving souls is the work 
the savior has called us to do.

my zone at lunch before our mission wide fast 
the closest i got to branding memorial weekend





No comments:

Post a Comment