Wednesday, July 11, 2012

17 miracles

9 julio 2012

Hola Familia Mia!!

How are you?  I am doing just great, I am loving my area, ward and the people. 


I have lots to share, hold on tight. So this past week we had the baptism of Hermana Patrocinia. She is 90 years old and so so funny. We asked her the day before her baptism if she was excited, she said live or die I’m going to enter the water tomorrow; and hopefully I don’t die in the water because I still have life left in me. Then we sang Nearer my God to Thee and her comments were... Hermanas I think my time is coming to an end, I hurt. We had to convince her that she still has much to do before she is done.  
Oh she’s funny. 



Fabiano



Then there is Fabiano. He is the grandson of our pensionista. His dad served his mission in Argentina about 5 years ago and one of his companions gave him this hat. When we got there for dinner Fabiano was wearing the hat, he so funny and loves to play with us. 





Last week on p day we watched 17 miracles! The latinos love it! It was so fun to watch. I love this movie. So after we got back to the room last week we decided that we were going to look for miracles in every place and hopefully get to 17 by the end of the week. We lost count but we saw some great things happen this past week. 

This is my favorite one. As we were heading to dinner on Wednesday we were walking through the empty parking lot by the market. When we heard someone yelling ‘Hermanas’. As we turned around we saw a lady coming towards us. She asked us who we were and where I was from. (its a normal question, because I’m tall and white – ha ha) she began to explain that her husband is in jail in the united states and that she has a lot of papers that she would like my help translating. We said sure and said we would stop by the next day to talk to her. Well when we stopped by she said that her husband was in panama going somewhere to work when he was kidnapped and taken to the united states. I’m not really sure what exactly happened, there were a lot of words that are not in my vocabulary. But now I have about 35 pages of court cases that I need to translate. Let’s just say I am using my dictionary a lot!! The language of law is a lot harder that just simply translating. 

But we have begun teaching her and her daughters. THEY ARE STELLAR!! We started teaching them on Thursday and they have accepted a baptism date, and received help from their mom and have come to church. It’s great!! The daughters, Lesly and Carla, both shared their testimonies with us yesterday that they know 100% that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet. It was so spiritual as they shared how they received answers to their prayers. I love it. I can’t wait for their baptism. And hopefully we can get their mom Rosemary to commit too. 
And wish me luck translating this week... 

Also please pray for Francine this week that she can go through with her baptism and that her mom and her brother won’t be a problem. She is awesome too. She is 9 and has read the doctrine and covenants already. WOW

Thanks so much! Love you all!!!

Hna sandstrom

oh and I have started therapy massages again. My headaches have been really bad, like they were before my shots.  We realized that my stress was through the roof with the second emergency change.  So we have been looking for places again. I think we found a good place. 


No comments:

Post a Comment