Monday, March 11, 2013

18 Months!


March 11 2013
¿Que tal familia?

So I can´t believe that I am going to complete 18 months in the mission this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRAZY!!!

I can´t believe that I have made it this far, this fast. For those of you who have served missions, maybe you know what I mean.  I thought it was going to take forever to make it to a year, and since then, time has flown by!

So in the last 18 months I have
1. I have eaten rice every day, I have eaten guinea pig, cow tongue,
and I now love coke :)
2. I have been grateful everyday for the blessings and life that I have at home. 
3. I have lived with companions from Bolivia, Peru, Tonga, Nicaragua, and Chile. 
4. People have guessed that I am from Brazil, Peru, Chile, Argentina, but most of them guess right.
5. I have been called ¨Gringa¨ everyday!
6. I have never cried more and laughed more
7. I have felt the power of the atonement, it helps me become better EVERYDAY!
8. I haven´t cooked anything for 18 months.
9. I love reading the Book of Mormon, and even though it is in another language, I feel like I have never understood it better. 
10. I didn´t really understand the value of keeping a journal before, but now its something that I really treasure.  
There are too many other things to name!

But wow. 

This past week has been tough. It has been super super hot here. So this past week I think it was national nobody should open up for the missionaries week. We walked and walked and walked. And I think it was also planned that our investigators should decide to drop us this week. It was tough-- but Hna Bedoya is a trooper! Seriously. She hasn´t complained! 
But after lots of prayers this week we had a miracle happen yesterday!
So during church the primary president and a hermana came looking for us. She said that before church her daughter was working on her faith in god. Her daughter isn´t a member, and her dad doesn´t want to give permission. Well as her dad listened to her faith in god project, he realized how important it would be for her to participate!!! SO...... We have his permission!!!!

We are going to go tomorrow to get the details all figured out! YEA!!!!

Love you all!!! Happy Day! Happy Week!!! 
Hna Sandstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment